The deadline for applications has passed.
Register your details with us now.
For January 2025 or September 2024
L31 – L37 depending on experience
Single Academy Trust
State boys’ grammar school with co-educational Sixth Form
Roll: 1268 (483 post-16)
This is a rare and uniquely attractive opportunity to lead a high-performing and vibrant school community with strong values and a very distinctive character. The vacancy arises from the appointment of the incumbent Head, Mr Matthew Morgan, to the headship of Bishop Wordsworth’s School for September 2024, after eleven successful years at the helm.
Sir Thomas Rich’s is an exceptional school which prides itself on creating an environment in which students will be happy, grow in self-confidence, develop their individual talents and thrive academically. Well qualified, dedicated, hardworking staff and senior leaders provide a rich and varied curricular and extra-curricular experience, a warm sense of community and strong pastoral care.
The post will be of interest to experienced and high performing Heads or Deputy Heads who are dynamic, emotionally intelligent and resilient leaders, and who would relish the mutual benefit of being fully engaged with a committed and collaborative Board of Trustees in working to ensure Sir Thomas Rich’s future success, prosperity and sustainability.
There are ambitious plans for the future, including expanding and improving facilities and widening access to the School for students from disadvantaged areas, making this is a very important and exciting moment for a new leader to take the helm and lead Sir Thomas Rich’s on the next phase of its journey. The Trustees therefore seek an outstanding professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the vision and energy to inspire and motivate a high-performing student and staff body.
In the first instance, interested candidates are warmly invited to contact RSAcademics to arrange an informal and confidential discussion about the role:
Peter Lockhart, Search Consultant: PeterLockhart@rsacademics.com
Andrea Berkeley, Senior Advisor: AndreaBerkeley@rsacademics.com
The closing date for applications is 10.00am on Friday 16 February 2024
Applications should be made electronically to RSAcademics. To submit your application, please click on “Apply Now” on the right side of this webpage and upload your documents according to the instructions provided.
You should submit the following (both in PDF format):
- a completed application form
- a covering letter addressed to Mr Tom Grogan, Chair of Trustees. The letter should explain your reasons for applying.
If you have any questions about uploading your application documents, please contact Jonathan Barnes, Head of Operations (Leadership Appointments) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jonathan can also be reached by calling our Head Office on +44 (0)1858 383163.
- Sir Thomas Rich’s is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
- The safeguarding responsibilities of this post are detailed in the candidate information brochure.
- RSAcademics is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in schools and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
ResourcesCandidate information brochure Child Protection and Safeguarding Children Policy Sample self-declaration form - please do not complete Sample reference request form - please do not complete The Sunday Times Parent Power Guide The Good Schools Guide GOV.UK
Closing date for applications
Preliminary Interviews will take place with RSAcademics via Teams on Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 February 2024
Long list interviews with the Trustees’ Appointment Panel will take place via Teams on Thursday 29 February
Short-listed candidates will be invited to visit Sir Thomas Rich’s on Monday 4 March
Short list interviews with the Trustees’ Appointment Panel will take place at the School on Tuesday 5 March