This is an exciting opportunity for an aspirational, inspiring and forward-thinking leader.
Secondary, mixed 11 – 18 comprehensive (NOR 800)
IDSR Group 6 – IDSR Group 6 LS21-35 (£72,383-£100,620)
From September 2022
This is an exciting opportunity arising from the announcement of the retirement of the current Headteacher, Elizabeth Rymer, in August 2022, following 7 years of highly successful leadership. With the regeneration of the local area, this is also a most attractive and unique opportunity to design and build a brand new school right in the centre of the planned Brent Cross New Town.
Whitefield School is a vibrant and diverse standalone academy which offers a fully rounded education to its truly comprehensive intake in a supportive, creative and dynamic school community. The curriculum offer is broad and balanced, delivered by talented staff with a passion for their subjects and for learning. It is complemented by an ambitious and unusually extensive enrichment programme, offering life-changing opportunities to ensure every student becomes the best that they can be. The dedicated and caring teaching and support staff are led by an experienced senior leadership team and a skilled and committed governing body.
The governors are looking for an individual who can demonstrate:
- Substantial and successful leadership experience as a Head or Deputy Head
- A strong, principled and visionary leadership style
- Communication and interpersonal skills of a high order
- Desire to continue development and raise standards further
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion for students, staff and curriculum
- A student-centred and people-orientated approach
- Firm commitment to supporting staff development, training and well-being
- Experience in research and evidence-informed practice, and a belief in unlocking people’s potential to the fullest extent
Whitefield School is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from black and minority ethnic groups which are currently underrepresented.
Further information will be available shortly. Potential candidates wishing to discuss the post confidentially are invited to contact RSAcademics:
Michael Stephens, Head of Senior School Search: MichaelStephens@rsacademics.com; or
Andrea Berkeley, Senior Advisor: AndreaBerkeley@rsacademics.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 11 February 2022, 10.00am
Applications should be made electronically to RSAcademics. To submit your application, please upload your documents according to the instructions on the RSAcademics website (please click on “Apply Now” on the right side of this page).
You should submit the following (both in PDF format):
- A completed application form (available alongside this candidate information on the RSAcademics website
- A covering letter, addressed to Professor Mike Page, Chair of Governors. The letter should explain your reasons for applying.
If you have any questions about uploading your application documents, please contact Jonathan Barnes, Head of Operations (Leadership Appointments), at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jonathan can also be reached by calling our Head Office on +44 (0)1858 383163.
- Whitefield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced DBS and other checks in line with safer recruitment best practice.
- This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
- The safeguarding responsibilities of this post are detailed in the candidate information brochure.
- RSAcademics is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in schools.
Closing date for applications
Preliminary interviews via Teams with RSAcademics
Long list interviews with the selection panel via Teams
Short list interviews at the School