We strongly believe that we will be a better company if we embrace and promote diversity in all its forms and take action to become a more inclusive organisation.
Furthermore, we recognise that we hold a great position of responsibility in our sectors and will use our influence to promote diversity and inclusion in schools both in the UK and internationally.
After a period of reflection during 2020, we have undertaken a comprehensive review of our organisation from an equality, diversity & inclusion perspective. We have considered how we operate internally and how we serve our clients and the sector. We have concluded that although there is much we can be proud of as an organisation, there is more we can do to tackle the issues proactively.
Our strong moral values which are embedded within our company provide a foundation for this work and have allowed us to have open and challenging conversations. We recognise this is a long-term commitment and that change is not always going to be quick or easy. If equality, diversity and inclusion is as important to you as it is to us, please get in touch so we can explore ways to work together to achieve our aspirations for a fairer, more diverse and inclusive sector.
- To ensure RSAcademics is a diverse and inclusive organisation in which everyone has a voice and is valued, people feel psychologically safe and there are role models and career progression opportunities for all
- To provide services and solutions for our clients which help them to reach their diversity and inclusion goals
- To challenge and influence the sector more widely to become more diverse and inclusive over the next ten years.
Since June 2020, we have taken the following actions:
- Established an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion committee
- Appointed a Champion for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Forged a partnership with All-In Education, led by Johan Jensen, an expert in the field of diversity and inclusion. Johan is helping us to develop our awareness of the issues and ensure our business practices and policies reflect our desire to embrace and promote diversity and inclusion
- Provided training for our senior staff and the equality, diversity & inclusion committee
- Supported clients through our free Diversity & Inclusion webinars, and through our free Diversity & Inclusion webinars, and through our Sense of Belonging surveys, developed through our partnership with All-In Education
- Conducted an internal survey with our own colleagues about their own sense of belonging and listened to their perspectives
- Researched best practice from across a range of sectors
- Reviewed our internal operations and our service offerings in the light of best practice
- Connected with key influencers to help us shape our plans and explore ways to support each other.
WHAT WE WILL DO NEXT
- In early 2021, we will share our 10-year strategy. Our strategy considers what we will do internally as an organisation (e.g. relating to our approach to internal recruitment, retention and talent management), as well as what we will do externally to support our clients. We will also identify and lead targeted initiatives to support the wider sector
- Continue to work with sector leaders and influencers to support change.
- Conduct research and thought leadership on key topics in this area
- Continue to listen and reflect as individuals.
RSAcademics is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in schools. We encourage applications from under-represented groups for all positions which we advertise.
Russell Speirs, CEO & Founder, RSAcademics Ltd