Notes from an online panel discussion at the HMC Conference, Monday 5th October 2020
Introduction – Russell Speirs
I had the privilege of chairing a panel discussion at this year’s HMC conference in which three leading figures in our sector – a Head, Bursar and Chair of Governors from HMC schools – talked about their experience during the pandemic and what they have learned about themselves and the people they work with. The three panelists were:
- Jesse Elzinga, Headmaster, Sevenoaks School
- Alison Shakespeare, Bursar, The Perse School, Cambridge
- Vicky Tuck, Chair of Governors, Charterhouse & Senior Consultant at RSAcademics
After they had each spoken, Clarissa Farr (Senior Consultant at RSAcademics) drew out some of the common threads and then shared additional insights. Clarissa is well known as the former Head of St Paul’s Girls’ School in West London and is now a published author.
To read Russell’s notes on this discussion, please visit this page.
RSAcademics supports school leaders and Governors in a variety of ways:
- Coaching and appraisals for Heads and other members of the senior team through our Leadership Consultancy team, comprising experienced and qualified coaches
- Governance reviews and training for governors – led by Durrell Barnes, Head of Governance and Compliance at RSAcademics
- A diverse range of strategy, marketing and research services to guide business planning, strategy and marketing, school improvement and fundraising actitivites