What we cover
It’s an intensive one-day course packed with practical information and realistic interview practice.
- Insights into governing body selection panels
- Feedback on your written application
- Mock panel interview and presentation
- Examples of good interview practice demonstrated by recently appointed heads
- Analysing leadership presence, authenticity and personal impact
- Practical and specific advice covering all stages of the selection process
- The difficult parts – understanding where candidates often fall down
- 1:1 detailed personal feedback
- Participating as part of an interview panel, observing and giving feedback to other delegates
- A video of your presentation and interview for self-reflection
- Questions and discussions with experienced recruiters who have managed numerous headship selections at a wide range of schools
- Ad hoc follow-up advice as needed.
Who should attend?
A typical participant is at deputy head level and has started applying for headships – someone who will become a successful head, but is not yet successful at interviewing! Numbers on each course are restricted to a maximum of six to ensure we are able to provide individual support.
“I felt that it was one of the best days away from school I have had and so much more helpful than I had imagined possible.”
We will run the course online for the foreseeable future, scheduled over two half days.
- First half-day: information and advice
- Second half-day: Interview practice
As well as following social distancing guidelines, this should make it easier to fit with individuals’ availability and open it up to participants from further afield.
Operating online will save on venue hire and enable a reduced rate of £450 plus VAT, (our usual course is £700).
“Your training taught me so much about myself and how I come across and it made a massive difference to my confidence going into the interview process.”
What to do next
Please register your interest by completing the form below. Barry Speirs will then get in touch to discuss your participation and availability.
In the meantime, you can also download course information and read additional comments from recent participants.