The following exemplars showcase just some of the ways in which we have helped schools thrive but, as you would expect, we have not named the school in order to safeguard confidentiality.
- A girls’ boarding school reorganised its leadership structure by promoting several new members to the SMT. RSAcademics was asked to work with the school to help the new team members understand each other and work together effectively. This was achieved through a series of facilitated half day sessions.
- A boys’ day school asked us for an external check of its staff recruitment practice. We ran two half-day training sessions where we audited current practice and reinforced it with training in interviewing skills.
- The Governing Body of a co-ed day prep school asked us to recommend good appraisal practice for the Head and senior leaders with a particular emphasis on setting and assessing simple but meaningful performance objectives.
- A boys’ senior school wanted to ascertain the value of coaching in support of the personal development of staff. We ran two half day training sessions in which the SMT learned good coaching practice. We then worked with senior leaders to plan the extension of coaching throughout the organisation.
- A mixed all-through day school asked us to carry out an appraisal of the Head. This included the Head’s working relationship with the GB and SMT and readiness to meet the challenges in the school plan.
- An all-through girls’ day school asked us to undertake a survey of staff opinion to assess morale and help diagnose and prioritise its people agenda.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT BARRY SPEIRS, HEAD OF LEADERSHIP CONSULTANCY: