Finding an outstanding financial and operational leader for your school
Whatever the shape, size and structure of your school, we approach each project with the same determination, commitment and attention to detail.
Our network across the education sector and beyond, both in the UK and globally, is unrivalled. We have an informed eye for the best talent and the best up-and-coming talent. We nurture rising stars as well as experienced, successful Bursars.
We know who is looking for a first role, or a new role, and who is not looking but could be the ideal person. Our search strategies are ambitious, far-reaching, persuasive and bespoke to your needs. Candidates trust us, talk readily to us and listen to us.
Please contact Nina Lambert, Head of Bursar, Marketing & Development Search, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our service covers every stage of the process, from an initial visit and detailed consultation with all stakeholders to designing the candidate brief, to pre-interviewing the candidates and recommending the best to you, to assisting at Governors’ long list and short list interviews, advising on safeguarding, right through to the offer and announcement.
We remain at your side at every stage. We stay very close to the candidates too, reassuring, encouraging and addressing concerns, so that there is the best possible likelihood that your chosen candidate will accept the post with delight.
We put together a team of three to work on each appointment: a Senior Advisor, a Lead Search Consultant and an operations team member.
Our Senior Advisors are former Bursars with a distinguished track record of success. Now trained in the skills of consultancy, search and selection, they combine lived experience of their own specialist area, with advanced dexterity in questioning techniques. They bring a deep understanding of the subtle nuances of leadership, a hawk-like ability to spot potential and an eagle eye for weaknesses. They appreciate that a successful school is also a successful business.
Our Search Consultants are experienced professionals trained in the science and art of search. They bring a deep understanding of schools and candidates. Our network across the education sector means our contacts reach into every independent school in the country, many maintained schools and all the major ones internationally. Beyond schools, our influence extends to higher education, finance, education technology, charities, law, industry and commerce, the armed forces and healthcare.
The operations team provide operations and administrative support at every stage of the process, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
Meet the people who make it happen
A highly successful team with 100+ bursar, finance and operations appointments completed to dateLearn more
Equality, diversity & inclusion
Promoting diversity and inclusion in schools
We encourage applications from under-represented groups for all positions advertised.Learn more
View a small selection of our completed appointments
01.Prep & Junior Schools
- The Pilgrims’ School – Director of Finance & Resources
- Davenies School – Bursar
- Twyford School – Bursar
- St Martin’s School (Northwood) – Bursar
- St Christopher’s School (Hampstead) – Bursar
- Summer Fields School – Operations Director
- Heath Mount School – Bursar
- The Old Vicarage School – Bursar
- Great Walstead School – Director of Finance and Operations
- The Study School – Bursar
02.Senior Schools & Sixth Form Colleges
- Reading Blue Coat School – Bursar
- Emanuel School – Bursar
- Malvern College – Finance Director
- Stowe School – Director of Finance
- City of London Freemen’s School – Bursar
- Badminton School – Director of Finance and Operations
- Brighton College – Operations Bursar
- St Helen’s School – Northwood – Business Director
- The Mill Hill School Foundation – Director of Operations and Director of Finance (2 separate roles)
- Colfe’s School – Bursar
- Stamford Endowed Schools – Director of Operations
- Ratcliffe College – Bursar
- West Buckland School – Director of Finance and Operations
- The Coventry Schools Foundation – Director of Finance & Operations
- Merchant Taylors’ Schools, Crosby – Director of Finance and Operations
- St Edmund’s School, Canterbury – Bursar
- Wisbech Grammar – Bursar
- Nottingham High School – Director of Finance & Operations
- Manor House School – Bursar
- Ballard School – Bursar
- St Augustine’s Priory – Bursar
"This is the third time we have used RSAcademics for senior appointments and each time we have been presented with candidates that we could not have reached without their network."