Ensuring the best leaders from around the world join the right schools for the right reasons
We understand that international schools are vibrant, diverse communities which offer world-class education. We know that they can mean very different things in different contexts – from primarily national schools with international programmes to schools serving mainly expatriate communities. We also know they can be extremely complex and challenging organisations to run successfully, requiring expert leadership.
We work with boards, school groups and school leaders, helping them to appoint exceptional candidates to leadership positions around the world. We offer the best in executive search, shaped for your needs: bespoke, flexible and responsive.
We have extensive networks across the leaders of international schools, and we also work with candidates looking to move out of prominent positions in national systems. We have an informed eye for the best talent and the best up-and-coming talent. We nurture rising stars as well as experienced, successful Heads. We know who is looking for a first headship, or a next headship, and who is not looking but could be the ideal person.
Our search strategies are ambitious, far-reaching, persuasive and bespoke to your needs. Candidates trust us, talk readily to us and listen to us.
Our service covers every stage of the process, from getting to know your school and all stakeholders to designing the candidate brief, to pre-interviewing the candidates and recommending the best to you, to assisting at long list and short list interviews, advising on safeguarding, eliciting detailed verbal as well as written references, right through to the offer and announcement.
We remain at your side at every stage. We stay very close to the candidates too, reassuring, encouraging and addressing concerns, so that there is the best possible likelihood that your chosen candidate will accept the post with delight. We know that candidates and their families have so many factors to take into account when considering an international move and we try to give them the best possible insights into the school, the position and their new home.
We put together a team of three to work on each appointment: a Senior Advisor, a Lead Search Consultant and an operations team member.
Our Senior Advisors are former international school leaders with a distinguished track record in successful leadership. Now trained in the skills of headship search and selection, they combine lived experience at top leadership levels with advanced dexterity in questioning techniques. They bring a deep understanding of the subtle nuances of international school leadership, a hawk-like ability to spot potential and an eagle eye for weaknesses. They understand the differences between schools and their cultural contexts and know that an ability to adapt to the local setting is a prerequisite for success. They appreciate that a successful school is also a successful business.
Our Search Consultants are experienced professionals trained in the science and art of search. They bring a deep understanding of international schools and candidates. Our networks mean our contacts reach into international schools across the world as well as schools in many national systems
The operations team provide operations and administrative support at every stage of the process, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
Meet the people who make it happen
Renowned for the calibre and spirit of our people, we hand-pick your team to match your brief.Learn more
Equality, diversity & inclusion
Promoting diversity and inclusion in schools
We encourage applications from under-represented groups for all positions advertised.Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Understanding you and what you have to offer
We work closely with you to help you find your next leadership role.Learn more
View a small selection of our completed appointments
01.CEOs, Principals & Heads
- Bishop Cotton School, Shimla, India – Headmaster
- Brighton College Abu Dhabi, UAE – Head of School
- Brighton College Al Ain, UAE – Head of School
- British School of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia – Head of School
- China World Academy, Changshu, China – Founding Principal
- Craigclowan Beijing, China – Founding Head
- Daystar Academy, Beijing, China – Head of School
- Denla British School, Bangkok, Thailand – Head of School
- Durham School for Girls, Doha, Qatar – Founding Head
- International School of Brussels, Belgium – Director
- Jinseki International School, Japan – Head of School
- King’s College India, Rohtak – Headmaster
- RGS Guildford in Qatar – Principal
- Shrewsbury International Asia, Thailand and China – Director of Schools; Founding Principal
- St Andrew’s Turi, Kenya – Director
- Suzhou Innovation Academy, China – Founding Principal
- UWC Changshu China – Principal
- UWC Waterford Kamhlaba, eSwatini – Head of School
- Wycombe Abbey Hangzhou, China – Founding Head
02.Vice Principals, Divisional Heads & Deputies
- ACS Doha, Qatar – Deputy Head
- Daystar Academy, Beijing, China – Middle and High School Principal
- Dulwich College Singapore – Head of Junior School
- Durham School for Girls, Doha, Qatar – Founding Head of Primary
- International School of Brussels, Belgium –Head of High School
- International School of Monaco – Deputy Director (Academic)
- Keystone Academy, Beijing, China – Head of Primary; Deputy Head of Primary; Head of Middle School; Head of High School
- North London Collegiate School Jeju, South Korea – Assistant Head (Pastoral); Vice Principal (Administration)
- RGS (Royal Grammar School) Guildford – Director of International
- St Andrew’s Turi, Kenya – Head of High School; Head of Prep School
- Suzhou Innovation Academy, China – Vice Principal and Director of Innovation
03.Directors of Marketing, Admissions & Development/Fundraising
- Aiglon College, Switzerland – Capital Campaign Manager
- Alice Smith School, Malaysia – Director of Marketing and Admissions
- Alpha Plus Hong Kong – Programme Manager
- Dubai College – Development Director
- Marlborough College Malaysia – Director of Admissions and External Relations
- North London Collegiate School Jeju, South Korea – Director of External Relations; Director of Admissions
"I would say that we were lucky to find you. All my colleagues on the Board believe we have made a quite outstanding appointment and that this is very much down to you and your team."